Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What Do Writers Write?

As a second grade teacher, I'm always on the lookout for great anchor charts that I can hang in my room to remind students of expectations and strategies for reading, writing, math, and science.  Cara Carroll has so many great ideas on her site, like this one:

The First Grade Parade: Writer's Workshop Anchor Charts

I originally saw the "What Do Writers Write?" anchor chart on pinterest, and decided it would be the perfect thing to hang above my writing center (which really.... is just a giant set of mailboxes filled with different types of writing papers).

Since I didn't have any posterboard at my house, I just taped two pieces of white cardstock together and went from there!  This is the final product, hanging in my classroom:


Thank you Cara Carroll for the great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment